Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Busy Week, Most Wanted and a Layout :)

Hello!  Hope you all had a good week :) Mine was great, I found out yesterday that I was one of the Most Wanted over at CSI so excited and honoured!!   We had a busy week here in our house, my oldest moved into her own apartment and started a full time job,big milestones in her life.  My youngest girlie had her last high school Music Concert and was presented with the School Music Award so proud of her!  She was president of the Music Council, headed up a lot of fundraisers and was in charge of the Talent Show this year.  Hard to believe I'm going to have two of babies in College this fall....time really does just fly by :(

Makes me melancholy and when I get in these moods I tend to start going through old photo's.  Came across this one of my youngest daughter and our dog Max, he passed away last year.  He was a very beloved pet.  He actually belonged to my ex-husband but was a huge part of our lives and often came to stay at our house when my ex was away and needed someone to take care of him.  I'm not a dog person but I loved this dog.  He was the most well behaved dog I'd ever met.  The kids were so small when he came into our lives but he loved them.  Anyone of the kids could walk him on the leash without being dragged, often times we left him off the leash and he would just happily walk beside us.  His only downfall was that though he was of the cats and would often jump up on my Mom's lap to petted, it was pretty funny considering he was a Boxer and a big dog....lol  We miss him lots, he was a big part of our lives even if he didn't live with us every day.

Did another CSI Challenge and combined it with the Studio Calico Punch Challenge  (use my circle and heart punches).  I also used up more Chatterbox for the Chatterbox Pattern Paper Challenge at 2Peas.


When I printed out the photo it very dark on the right hand side so I used the crumple vellum to soften it up.  I also used some old Heidi Swapp clear alphabet letters and some older SRM press stickers for the paw prints.

Thanks for stopping by!
Kim

7 comments:

Patricia said...

Great idea using the vellum to soften your page! It worked well!

julie e said...

I love the idea of crumpling vellum - don't know why I never thought of that.

Kelly said...

This page is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love the large photo and the vellum on the side! Fabulous idea!

Unknown said...

This is just stunning, great work!

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the vellum, beautiful layout :)

Tracy said...

Your layout is so sweet :)
I love the heart